Want to build a strong driving job?
Load up with protein.
Protein-power your job by joining JBS. As the transportation arm of the world’s leading meat processor, our truck drivers help feed America and enjoy the strength that comes with it.
Or Fill Out Our Full Application
Souderton, PA - Short Haul
No freight’s more reliable than food
Earn at least $200 when dispatched under normal circumstances
Enjoy home time most nights.
- $200/day min: when dispatched under normal circumstances
- 45 to 67 CPM: based on distance, for trips more than 30 miles from Souderton beef plant
- $16.53/hour: for trips less than 30 miles from the plant
- Orientation: $400
- Trainee: $600
- Stops/Pick-ups: $13
- Load/unload: (optional for driver) $2.50 per thousand lbs
- Lumper: paid by JBS
- NYC Surcharge: $20/load
- Wait Time: hourly rate (stats after 30 minutes)
- Breakdown: hourly rate (up to 10 hours)
- Shuttle: $7.50 per trailer
- Health Benefits: medical, prescription, dental, and vision after 60 Days
Work & Route
- Workdays: typically a five-day schedule, Mon-Fri or Sat-Wed; all drivers take turns with weekend work
- Hours: deliveries as early as 12 AM; drivers should prepare to arrive early and work their full 14 hours
- Required Locations/Conditions: NYC, NJ, and winter driving are required
- Equipment: mix of daycabs and sleepers; new hires will be assigned sleepers and distance runs of 150+ miles
- Home Time: most nights, but some layovers
- At least 21 years old
- CDL-A with 1 year of tractor trailer experience
- Mentor programs are available for drivers with less than a year of experience