Want to build a strong driving job?
Load up with protein.
Protein-power your job by joining JBS. As the transportation arm of the world’s leading meat processor, our truck drivers help feed America and enjoy the strength that comes with it.
Or Fill Out Our Full Application
Ottumwa, IA - Local Routes
No freight’s more reliable than food.
Earn an average of $1,000 a week.
- Minimum Guarantee: $180/day loaded, $150/day without loads
- 47 to 77 CPM, based on round trip miles
- Orientation: $400
- Trainee: $600
- Lumper: paid by JBS
- Breakdown: $12/hour up to 10 hours a day
Benefits & Bonuses
- Health Benefits: medical, prescription, dental, and vision after 60 Days
- Paid Holidays: 6 days at $150
- Bonuses: for fuel efficiency, safety, and retention
Work & Route
- Dedicated Hauls: for JBS pork plants in Ottumwa
- Work Week: Monday through Friday with occasional weekends
- Daily Home Time
- Main Driving Area: IA, IL, MO, NE, and WI
- Hiring Area: within 50 miles of Ottumwa, IA
- Average Miles: 1,200 to 1,500 per week
- No-Touch Freight: paid lumpers
- Commute: must drive personal vehicle to and from the plant each day
- At least 21 years old
- CDL-A with 1 year of tractor trailer experience
- Mentor and Training programs are available for drivers with less than a year of experience